Friday, April 24, 2009

The Aloha of Maui



Yesterday I was feeling a little down. The weather being overcast and rainy was probably the cause along with some work hardships. I had to go to get new Real Estate Photo taken by Mike Sidney of Mike Sidney Photography in Wailuku. I was running late due to rainy traffic, & feeling stressed. I felt bad cause Mike is a very punctual kind of guy. I've worked with him before. When I arrived he immediately must have sensed something, because he told me to relax, and take a minute to calm down.

I felt better already that someone was just caring instead of "oh your late" type of thing. Then after the shoot he handed me an envelope. Mike & his wife had just come back from Japan and while there he posted he was going to see Cherry Blossoms. These are my very favorite thing so I posted back please take a pic for me. Not only did Mike take a picture, he created a surreal piece of gorgeous art with a branch of a tree hanging over the lake. Next post if he allows me to I will share the picture with you all.

He presented this picture to me as a gift. I was so touched I burst into tears probably alarming Mike so I tried to quickly get myself pulled together. This was the kindest thing anyone has done for me in a long time. It reminded me to not forget the Aloha on Maui and that I will pass this Aloha on. Together we can surely affect many people and bring Aloha to them to.
I am going to do one awesome thing for one of my Maui Real Estate Clients and a friend this week just to show Aloha is alive and well on Maui.

Thanks again Mike (MAHALO NUI LOA).

No comments: