Monday, April 6, 2009

Sands of Maui



I go to the beach for different reasons. Here on Maui we have beaches for snorkeling, swimming, walking, surfing, people watching, and more. One reason that some people including me think of when I want to choose which beach to go to is the SAND.
On Maui we have black sand, red sand, yellow sand and white sand. I'm sure I'm missing a few colors. On the Big Island of Hawaii there is even a Green Sand beach.
It isn't just the color it can also be the texture I want. If I want to people watch, tan, or walk I'm def. heading for Sugar Beach, or Keawakapu because in addition to the long stretches of sand it is sand that is soft on your feet. Baldwin Beach will do too, but the sand there is coarser.

If I want to go somewhere exotic I'll head out to East Maui and visit Wainapanapa State Park where the black sand beach turns to black round rocks. When the water washes over them it makes a hissing sound that is lovely to hear.

So you get the idea. A beach isn't just a beach on Maui. For more detailed information on South Maui Beaches go to www.SouthMauiGuide.com and click on the Beaches tab. For more on Real Estate or to plan a trip to Maui go to www.FineIslandProperties.com

A hui hou (see you later) Gina

No comments: